Note to all applicants: Do not start to fill in your application unless you are ready to submit the form immediately. Please review all application questions prior to applying. Please read all of the questions before clicking on the application link. Late or Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you do not receive a CONFIRMATION OF COMPLETION email from us, then you have not completed the application. All incomplete applications will be deleted one week after they were initiated.
SOAR 2020 Youth Representative Information and Application
Deadline: June 30, 2019
BC Girl Guides is excited to be inviting youth representatives to the SOAR steering committee and we want you to be part of it!
The youth representatives will provide input and insights with regard to the event, activities and program to ensure that girls’ voices and perspectives are front and centre in decisions shaping the future of SOAR. Through consultation with other girls and youth, and the BC youth forum, the youth representatives dive into what matters to girls and ensure their voice is heard at the steering committee table.
Two Rangers from BC will be selected, and will provide their input by attending face to face and conference call steering committee meetings. These Youth representatives will play a key role in selecting the program opportunities available at SOAR 2020.
Youth representatives on the steering committee have the opportunity to attend SOAR as steering committee members, Ranger participants or as core staff.
Before you start you will need the following information:
- You must be a current Ranger/Trex member in British Columbia, born between 2001 and 2003.
- iMIS number (If you do not know your iMIS number, you can ask your unit Guider to look in her roster in Memberzone to find it.
- Your t-shirt size according to the charts below on this page.
- An email account that is active and that you will check regularly for updates and instructions about SOAR 2020. If you do not have an active email account you will need to create one preferably using Gmail. (Please note that Yahoo and Hotmail tend to direct emails from our site into the spam or junk folder, so these addresses are NOT recommended)
- Name, phone number and email address of your 2 references. Note that there are limitations on who you can use as a reference (see details in the application questions below).
- When you have the above information, click on the link below to access the application form.
- For reference, all questions on the application form are listed below. Please read all of the questions before clicking on the application link. Late or Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you do not receive a CONFIRMATION OF COMPLETION email from us, then you have not completed the application. All incomplete applications will be deleted one week after they were initiated.
This application is for Youth Representatives only.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019.
Click to view
All Camp Shirts
This size chart is for the t-shirt that all SOAR participants will receive.
Adult/Steering Committee Polo Shirts
All adults (core staff and patrol Guiders) will receive a polo shirt, as well as the All Camp Shirt. Available in both ladies and mens sizes.
Ladies Sizes (click on table to bring up a full pdf file)
Mens Sizes (click on table to bring up a full pdf file)
- Personal information:
- iMIS number.
- Your name.
- Your birthdate – between 2001-2003.
- Mailing address (Canadian postal codes must be in the correct format).
- Valid email address. (all communication will be by e-mail)
- Contact phone numbers.
- Preferred communication method (email or text).
- T-shirt sizes (for both all-camp shirt and polo shirt)
- Guiding information:
- Your Guiding unit, district and area.
- Current Guiding level (1st, 2nd, 3rd year Ranger or Trex).
- Application Questions:
- What awards have you earned in Girl Guides?
- What is the biggest reward that you have received from your involvement in Guiding (including the past, present and future)?
- What are you passionate about?
- If you could change one thing about Guiding what would it be?
- Describe your experience working in/on committees.
- What leadership roles have you taken on?
- What extra-curricular activities do you participate in?
- How did you hear about the youth position on the SOAR steering committee?
- Have you been to a previous SOAR? Which ones? What level did you attend SOAR as?
- How do you want to attend SOAR 2020 – Steering Committee member. Ranger participant or Core Staff?
- As a member of the SOAR steering committee you will be expected to inform other youth members in BC about the event. How would you get the information out to other girls?
- List 3 skills you have that will make you a good candidate for the SOAR steering committee. Provide examples for each skill and explain how it will assist you in the work of the committee.
- Select your social media experience (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Do you have any concerns about your physical ability to work/participate at SOAR and perform required tasks? If you have concerns, please explain.
- I understand and agree with the requirement for all SOAR steering committee members to assist with additional assignments as needed.
- I understand and agree to the following expectations required of me while at camp: to abide by GGC Code of Conduct, to attend from [July 24 to August 1, 2020 – as a Ranger participant | July 22 to August 2 – as core staff | July 20 – Aug 2 – as a steering committee member] inclusive, to abide by camp protocols and support fellow volunteers and respect everyone’s work – in particular by attending evening events at camp.
- Affirmation that all the information given in the application is true and complete.
- Reference information (for two references) Note: One of your references can be from within Guiding, and neither reference can be related to you. Your references MUST have email addresses that they check regularly.
- Reference names
- Reference phone numbers
- Reference emails
- The capacity that the references know you and how long have they known you.