The program consists of traditional camp-type activities such as cooking, campfire sing-alongs and crafts. The girls may sign up to try out activities in each of the program areas-Active Recreation, Crafts, Environment, Fine Arts, Service, Science and Technology and Water activities – and go on day trips to tour the local area.
In 2014, all girls had the opportunity to choose several of these activities (To see the 2017 selections, please view the individual pages for each program area, linked to from the menu above under “program“.):
- Active Recreation: Amazing Race, Mountain Hiking, Lakeside Nature Walk, Roller Derby, Skateboarding, Fly Fishing, Horseback Riding, Hip Hop, Archery, Cycle Touring, Zumba/Yoga, Riflery
- Crafts: Wire, Stone & Beads, Gem Tree, Glass Etching, Mosaics, Leathercraft, Beach Bags
- Environment: You’re Never Powerless, Habitat: Where it’s at, Bee-lieve it or Not, Weather Wizards, Dairy Divas, Leave No Trace, Smoke in the Air, Ecosystem Celebrations
- Fine Arts: Painting, Shadow Theatre, Drumming, Belly Dancing, Drama, Photography, Puppets, Mural Painting, Face Painting, Culinary Arts
- Service: Comfort Bears, Dog Toys, WAGGGS/Education kits, Activity Aid for Seniors, Painting, Resource Centre, Shuswap Trail, Pruning, Okanagan Gleaners, Sanitary Kits/Skirts
- Science: Chemistry, Tree Talkers, Brain Boosters, Science Centre, Forensics, Waterways, Robotics
- Water Activity: Scuba, Paddleboard, Kayaking, Canoeing, Waterslide, Lake Swim/Raft Building, River Float, Snorkeling, Beach Break
- Day trips: Ranch, Ghost Town, City
Each girl’s personal program selection choice will be entered online, within each program area, by order of preference. A personalized camp schedule will be distributed to each girl upon arrival at camp. Patrols will all have the same program area at the same time, but each girl within a patrol could have a different program activity based on her program selection and assignment.
In addition to the program opportunities listed above, the Rangers (girls from 15-17, grades 10-12) also have the opportunity to sign up for various three day adventure trips.
Program selection will be completed by the responsible patrol Guider via an online form, beginning in January. Guiders will receive an emailed invitation for each girl in their patrol, and will follow a special link to enter each girl’s preferences into a form. Each link emailed may only be used once.
Deadline for program selection is February 15, 2017.